Tour & Trek
Mount Kailash, situated in the Kailash Range, in the western part of the Tibetan Plateau on the borders of China, Nepal & India.
Situated at an altitude of 6,714 m (22,028 ft) and located close to Lake Manasarovar and Lake Rakshatal. Mount Kailash is considered sacred in four religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bon.
According to Hindu Mythology, it is recognized as the adobe of Lord Shiva, who resided there with his consort goddess Parvati and their children.
“Conventional wisdom says a single circuit of Mt. Kailash wipes out the sins of a lifetime, 108 Parikramas guarantees enlightenment. A ritual bath in the sacred Mansarovar Lake delivers pilgrim to Brahma’s paradise and a drink of its water relinquishes the sins of hundreds of lifetimes.”
Day 1: Arrival to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Evening: Briefing about Kailash trip.
Day 2: Morning visit Pashupatinath and Yatra preparation and fly to Nepalgunj.
Day 3: Morning fly to Simikot [3000m]. Afternoon visit Shiva Mandir.
Day 4: Fly to Hilsa [3700m] and drive to Purang [3800m]. Day at acclimatization.
Day 5: Drive to Manasarovar Lake [4500m]. Start Parikrama of Mansarovar- 105km and Holy Bath, Puja etc.
Day 6: Morning free and after lunch drive to Darchen.
Day 7: Drive to Yam Dwar and trek to Diraphuk.
Day 8: Trek over Dolma La pass [5550m] and to Zuthulphuk.
Day 9: Trek to Tungla and drive back to Purang to Hilsa.
Day 10: Fly to Simikot – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu.
Day 11: Drive to airport for final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance by Shangri-La Voyages’ representative.
- 02 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu on AP plan (pure veg. meals).
- 01 Night accommodation in Nepalgunj on AP plan (pure veg. Meals).
- 01 Night accommodation in Simikot on AP plan using dormitory (pure veg. Meals).
- 06 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel/Guest houses on AP plan (pure veg. Meals).
- Schedule flight Kathmandu/Nepalgunj/Kathmandu.
- Schedule flight Nepalgunj/Simikot/Nepalgunj.
- Charter helicopter flight share by 5-6 personSimikot – Hilsa–Simikot.
- Transport by Tourist Bus up toMansarovar and Eco Buses from Masarovar to DarchenYamdwaras per group sizes/Truck for Luggage.
- Nepali Team Leader and Supporting Sherpa Team.
- Medical Insurance of staffs.
- English speaking Tibetan guide.
- Chinese visa fee of Client and staffs.
- Vegetable Indian meals during the trip and Guesthouses and camping charges in Tibet.
- Duffel Bag (a large bag to keep the Yatris luggage for the trip).
- Gore-Tex Jacket (returnable-trip).
- All camping and cooking equipment.
- Yak for KailashParikrama luggage only.
- All entrance and conservation fee of Tibet.
- Upper Humla permit fee for client and Helicopter landing.
- Gamow bag oxygen and oxy- meter for safety
- Sightseeing tours and transfers in Kathmandu by private vehicle (fully air-conditioned).
- Services of local English speaking guide in Kathmandu during the tour.
- Entrance fees to monuments as mentioned in the itinerary (subject to change if once revised).
- Yak & Yak man during Kora.
- All airport transfers as per the itinerary.
- All currently applicable taxes including Service tax.
Note: After the Mansarovar to Kailash;all the privatevehicles are not allowed.
- International airfares.
- Nepal visa fees & immigration assistance.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc unless otherwise specified. It is more cost effective for us to bill you for all beverages based on actual consumption.
- Any items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls etc.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.
- Rescue and emergency cost.
- Horse cost for personal riding during KailashParikrama.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Tipping amount.
Note: Itinerary is subject to change due to unavoidable circumstances.
As the temperature varies greatly between day and night (from max. 20 degrees Celsius to min. -16 degrees Celsius) one should prepare accordingly.
Bring the following items with you:
Woolen gloves, Balaclava, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woolen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt & Trekking shoes
Risk and Liabilities: We will endeavor to make your journey smooth and pleasant as possible. However the entire program in Tibet is conducted strictly under the rules and regulations of China Tibet Tourism Bureau, Peoples Army and Foreign Affair. Therefore, Shangri-La Voyages (P) Ltd. & its related organizations will not be responsible for any changes in the itineraries due to unavoidable circumstances such as Government restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, and Political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay in Tibet, sickness or Accident. Any extra cost including there shall be borne by traveler themselves. Document: Minimum 6 months valid passport and two copies of passport size photograph. A normal health certificate from your personal doctor to those are 50 years and above by age. Fitness: This is not a trek or expedition but a tour; therefore no specific level of fitness is required. Anybody can join this Yatra if they think themselves fit and have strong willpower. People suffering from cardiac or respiratory problems should consult to their doctor. Morning and evening walks, jogging, stretching, meditation and regular exercise make the journey comfortable for all. Insurance: Full travel insurance coverage for medicine, Helicopter evacuation if in case of emergency, lost of belongs, and trip cancellation is strongly recommended Trip booking: Minimum 45 days advance booking is required to arrange visa approval and Travel permit issue. We need 50% advance of tour payment by bank while booking the trip. Chinese visa application: We will apply the Chinese visa in Delhi for Indian passport holder. For other nationals will apply in Kathmandu. Once you landed in Kathmandu we need 2 pp sizes photo. Yatri those are above 70 yrs may reject visa by Chinese Authority. Tour Cancellation policy • All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. • Verbal cancellations will not be entertained. • 25days period from tour departure date 30% cancellation. • 15 days period from tour departure date 50% cancellation. • 7 days and less period no show 100% cancellation. • Above rules are applicable as per the rules and regulation of China Tibet Tourism Bureau and (CIPSC) China Indian pilgrims service Center. • Schedule is subject to change under unavoidable circumstances. Shangri-La Voyages (P) Ltd. has right to change date and cancel trip incase unfavorable situations. To book, please email us at in[email protected] or fill out the booking form provided.