Spiritual High Lands
This Mount Kailash tour is a pilgrimage site as well as Tourist destination. Mount Kailash, or Precious Snow Mountain, is to seek spiritual enlightenment and experience the natural beauty of the region. According to the Hindus Mythology, Lord Shiva spends his most of the time on the top of the holy Mount Kailash, practicing Yogic austerities, joy and love with his divine consort Parbati (Mother of Mythology). The Lake Mansarovar and the holy Mount Kailash are the SOUL of all Hindu and Buddhist followers in the world.
“Conventional wisdom says a single circuit of Mt. Kailash wipes out the sins of a lifetime, 108 Parikramas guarantees enlightenment. A ritual bath in the sacred Mansarovar Lake delivers pilgrim to Brahma’s paradise and a drop drink of its water relinquishes the sins of hundreds of lifetimes.”
The best time to undertake the Mount Kailash Tour is during the summer months (May to September) when the weather is milder and the mountain is more accessible. Before visiting this tour, everybody should mentally prepared – The tour is physically demanding due to the high altitude and challenging terrain. Participants must be in good health and physically fit to undertake the journey. Altitude sickness is a real concern, so it’s crucial to acclimatize properly.
At a Glance:
|Kailash Location:||Western Tibet.|
|Altitude:||Kailash peak (6714m) above the Sea level.|
|Base camp:||Darchen (4560m) above Sea level.|
|Climate:||Unpredictable (Max 20 degree Celsius to Min. –10 degree Celsius).|
|Beliefs:||Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Bon-Po (all AUM followers).|
|Visiting time:||Late April to October|
|Parikrama (Kora) Kailash:||52 Km (three days) – 42 Km. only by walk.|
|Altitude of manas:||4550m above Sea level.|
|Parikrama of manas:||102 Km. (one day by Land Cruiser).|
|Kilometer from Kathmandu:||850 (one way) including 38Km round of Kailash Parbat.|
Day 1:Arrive to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel. Evening – Detail briefing on Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
Day 2:After breakfast Visit Pashupatinath, and Sleeping Vishnu, back to hotel. After lunch preparation for Yatra.
Day 3:After Breakfast, group will departure to Duche/Syabrubesi (Nepal-China Border) by private tourist coach (6-7hrs/1950m/154km).
Day 4:After breakfast drive to Nepal-China Border by coach and group will clear Chinese border formalities and drive continue to Kyirong (2hr/3700m/35 Km).
Day 5:Full day acclimatization and explore Kyirong town
Day 6:After breakfast, drive to Dongba (7-8 hrs/4250m/268km) en-route you will see Bharmaputra river and continue to Saga/ Dongba.
Day 7:Drive to Lake Manasarovar (6-7 hrs/4500m/Chiu 422km). Today beautiful day drive to Chiu Manasarovar Lake crossing over Mayum La and Chhongo Lake. On the south of Lake is Mt. Gurla Mandhata (7728m) on south and Holy Kailash on the North. Lake Manasarovar is considered the holiest of all of Tibet’s many lakes.
Day 8:Hawan at Manasarovar (4500m) and drive to Darchen-60km. In the morning, the Shangri-La Voyages staff will set up private bathing tent on the shores of Lake Manasarovar for the traditional sacred bath most pilgrims perform before circumambulating the holy mountain. We then perform puja and hawan on the banks. After lunch, one-hour drive to Darchen.
Day 9:Drive to Yam Dwar (7kms) trek to Diraphuk (4800m/-9-10km). We meet our horses, porters and Yaks then set off together to Diraphuk. Those who are not attempting Parikarma will return back to Darchen.
Day 10:Trek over the Dolma La Pass - 5650m to Zutulphuk Gompa (4790m/20-22km- 10-11hrs).
Day 11:Last day of Parikarma, trek to Zongdo and drive to new Dongba/Saga (500kms).
Day 12:Drive to Kyirong 268 km/6-7 hrs.
Day 13:Drive to China border, clear immigration formalities continue drive back to Kathmandu (172 km/ 7-8 hrs). Evening: Will celebrate our successful trip with a banquet for all Yatris.
Day 14:Transfer to airport for departure flight.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance by Shangri-La Voyages’ representative.
- 03 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu on AP plans (pure veg. meals).
- 10 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel/Guest houses on AP plans (pure veg. Meals).
- Sightseeing tours and transfers as mentioned in the above itinerary by private vehicle (fully air-conditioned).
- Services of local English speaking guide in Kathmandu during the tour.
- Services of local Chinese/Tibetan English speaking guide in Tibet during the tour.
- Entrance fees to monuments as mentioned in the itinerary (subject to change if once revised).
- Transfers Kathmandu / Kyirong / Kathmandu transfer coach non A/C.
- Transfers Border / Kailash / Border by deluxe bus as per the itinerary.
- Duffel bag (a large bag to keep the Yatris luggage) and Gore-Tex jacket (returnable upon completion of the trip).
- Visa fee of China/Tibet.
- Travel and road permit fee in Tibet.
- Indian vegetable meals during Yatra.
- Sherpa staffs, cook and al necessary supporting staffs.
- Yak & Yak man during Kora.
- Oxygen and Gamow bag.
- All airport transfers as per the itinerary.
- All currently applicable taxes including Service tax.
- International airfares.
- Nepal visa fees & immigration assistance.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc unless otherwise specified. It is more cost effective for us to bill you for all beverages based on actual consumption.
- Any items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls etc.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.
- Rescue and emergency cost.
- Horse cost for personal riding during Kailash Parikrama.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Tipping amount.
Note: Itinerary is subject to change due to unavoidable circumstances.
As the temperature varies greatly between day and night (from max. 20 degrees Celsius to min. -16 degrees Celsius) one should prepare accordingly.
Bring the following items with you:
Woolen gloves, Balaclava, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woolen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt & Trekking shoes
Risk and Liabilities: We will endeavor to make your journey smooth and pleasant as possible. However the entire program in Tibet is conducted strictly under the rules and regulations of China Tibet Tourism Bureau, People’s Army and Foreign Affair. Therefore, Shangri-La Voyages (P) Ltd. & its related organizations will not be responsible for any changes in the itineraries due to unavoidable circumstances such as Government restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, and Political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay in Tibet, sickness or Accident. Any extra cost including there shall be borne by traveler themselves. Document: Minimum 6 months valid passport and two copies of passport size photograph. A normal health certificate from your personal doctor to those are 60 years and above by age. Fitness: This is not a trek or expedition but a tour; therefore no specific level of fitness is required. Anybody can join this Yatra if they think themselves fit and have strong willpower. People suffering from cardiac or respiratory problems should consult to their doctor. Morning and evening walks, jogging, stretching, meditation and regular exercise make the journey comfortable for all. Insurance: Full travel insurance coverage for medicine, Helicopter evacuation if in case of emergency, lost of belongs, and trip cancellation is strongly recommended Trip booking: Minimum 45 days advance booking is required to arrange visa approval and Travel permit issue. We need 50% advance of tour payment by bank while booking the trip. Chinese visa application: We will apply the Chinese visa in Delhi for Indian passport holder. For other nationals will apply in Kathmandu. Once you landed in Kathmandu we need 2 passport sizes photo. Yatri those are above 70 years may reject visa by Chinese Authority. Tour Cancellation policy • All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. • Verbal cancellations will not be entertained. • 25 days period from tour departure date 30% cancellation. • 15 days period from tour departure date 50% cancellation. • 7 days and less period no show 100% cancellation. • Above rules are applicable as per the rules and regulation of China Tibet Tourism Bureau and (CIPSC) China Indian pilgrims service Center. • Schedule is subject to change under unavoidable circumstances. Shangri-La Voyages (P) Ltd. has right to change date and cancel trip incase unfavorable situations. To book, please email us at in[email protected] or fill out the booking form provided.