Rafting at Tamur river
The Tamur River rafting starts with an internal flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar in the far South-East of Nepal. We take a private vehicle drive to Basantapur in the Tehrathum region, where we camp overnight. The following day, we begin an awe-inspiringly beautiful 4-day trek to Dobhan through the remote Taplejung region of Eastern Nepal. From Dobhan we begin the exhilarating trip, which includes a day relaxing on a remote river beach or an optional one-day trek visiting local villages. The Tamur is best tackled between October and November, and February and May.
Probably the best combination trip in Nepal is magnificent white water, beautiful valley, and the most scenic treks in Nepal. The Tamur and its tributaries drain the snows of Kanchenjunga third highest peak in the world. The river is the sixth largest river in Nepal and seems to have a feeling of thrusting power and of being constrained by its valley sides. The first commercial run of the Tamur was in 1990 and there have been very few descents since then. It is an outstandingly beautiful river with superb views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga and Mt. Makalu. The river trip includes around 120 km descent. It passes through more than 100 of the most exciting rapids. Difficulty level is also varies from grade 3 to 5. This is one of the best white-water expedition trips in the world.
Book your Tamur River rafting expedition with us! Shangri-La Voyages Team
Day 1Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2Sightseeing Kathmandu city, Swyambhunath and Patan city.
Day 3Fly to Biratnagar [ 35 min] / drive to Hile.
Day 4 - 7Start trek to Dovan.
Day 8Raft at Tamur – First camp.
Day 9Raft to Beach camp.
Day 10Raft to Third camp.
Day 11Raft to Fourth camp.
Day 12Raft to Fifth camp.
Day 13Raft to Sixth camp.
Day 14Raft to Rai Ghat.
Day 15Raft to Bander Ghat.
Day 16Raft to Bonjur Ghat.
Day 17Raft to Barahchhatra.
Day 18On raft.
Day 19End raft / drive to Biratnagar. Fly back to Kathmandu[ 35 min ]
Day 20Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance by Shangri-La Voyages representative.
- 03 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan.
- 01 Night accommodation at Hotel in Hile on AP plan.
- 04 Nights’ – 5 days camping trek on AP plan.
- 11 Nights – 12 days rafting at Tamur River on AP plan using tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Meals, Western and continental food during rafting trip.
- Necessary river permit.
- Necessary equipment such as two men tents, high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmet, Plastic paddles, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety medical equipment.
- Sleeping bag.
- Safety Kayak throughout the trip.
- Necessary staffs such as River guide, helpers, kitchen crew member and night guard.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Biratnagar / Kathmandu with airport taxes and surcharge including airport transfers.
- Surface transfer Biratnagar / Hile & Chatara / Biratnagar.
- All sightseeing tours and transfers as per the itinerary in Kathmandu.
- Local English-speaking guide during sightseeing tour.
- Monumental entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- First aid kid box.
- Necessary airport transfers.
- Nepal visa fees & immigration assistance.
- International airfares.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc
- Member insurance.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on transportation services or any hikes.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Tipping amount.
- Swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
To book, please email us at [email protected] or fill out the booking form provided.