Rafting at Karnali River
Karnali River Rafting is one of the best rivers rafting in the world. This magnificent river originates from Mt. Kailash in Tibet. Karnali River literally means “Holy water from the sacred mountain”.
Sauli is the rafting put-in-point. The river drops into imposing canyons filled with powerful big volume white-water. There is a wide variety of fauna and flora including dense forests, jungle and also remote villages. Just enough easier water to regroup and prepare for the next big challenge separates rapids like “Captivity”, “Flip and Strip” and “Gods House”. Towards the end of the trip the river gradient begins to ease as the Karnali leaves the mountains and flows out into the Gangetic plains of Terai. Jungle is thickens and the river is broadens than pristine Beaches become bigger and more beautiful.
Day 1Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 2Sightseeing Kathmandu city, Swyambhunath and Patan city.
Day 3Fly to Nepalgunj [55min]/ Surkhet.
Day 4Drive to Sauli [5 hrs.].
Day 5On Raft.
Day 6On Raft.
Day 7On Raft.
Day 8On Raft.
Day 9Drive to Nepalgunj / Fly to Kathmandu [55min].
Day 10Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance by Shangri-La Voyages’ representative.
- 03 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis.
- 05 Nights – 06 days rafting at Karnali River on AP plan using tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- 1 Night accommodation at Surkhet on AP plan.
- Meals, Western and continental food during rafting trip.
- Necessary river permit.
- Necessary equipment such as two men tents, high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmet, Plastic paddles, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety medical equipment.
- Sleeping bag.
- Safety Kayak throughout the trip.
- Necessary staffs such as River guide, helpers, kitchen crew member and night guard.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu with airport taxes and surcharge including airport transfers.
- Surface transfer Nepalgunj / Sauli & Chisopani / Nepalgunj.
- First aid kid box.
- Necessary airport transfers.
- Nepal visa fees & immigration assistance.
- International airfares.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc
- Member insurance.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on transportation services or any hikes.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Tipping amount.
- Swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
To book, please email us at [email protected] or fill out the booking form provided.