Arun River Rafting
Arun River Rafting is undoubtedly the most exciting white-water river rafting in Nepal. Starting with a 4-day trek followed by 3 days of rafting. The powerful current and large water volume make sure huge and remarkable rapids are encountered throughout the length of this river journey. The rapids can be technically challenging. Taking about the difficulty: The Arun River rafting expedition is generally moderate in difficulty. The rapids can vary depending on the water levels, with some sections offering thrilling Class III to Class IV rapids, perfect for both beginners and experienced rafters.
Arun River is one of the most powerful whitewater current and fast river in Nepal. Scenery: The river passes through deep gorges, green valleys and excellent riverside beaches, terraced farmlands, dense forests, and traditional villages, providing an opportunity to immerse in the natural and cultural beauty of Nepal. Arun River flows from the melting of Mt. Makalu (8462m) and other mountains of that region uniting with thousands of small spring and streams along the thick woods of the famous Arun valley before winding its way down through the hinterlands of eastern Nepal.
Arun River is an excellent choice for a long whitewater rafting trip for those who are seeking a true adventure and the thrill of encountering huge rapids in a peaceful setting. It would be the first choice for those wanting a whitewater expedition into the wilderness area.
Book your Arun River Rafting trip with us! Shangri-La Voyages Team
Day 1Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2Sightseeing of Kathmandu city, Swayambhunath and Patan city
Day3Fly to Tumlingtar [45 min.].
Day 4Trek to Sabiya Khola [2 hrs.].
Day 5Raft to Megan Besi.
Day 6Rafting to Ranighat.
Day 7Raft to Chattra/End raft, drive to Biratnagar and fly back to Kathmandu [35 min].
Day 8Free day.
Day 9Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance by Shangri-La Voyages’ representative.
- 04 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis.
- 02 Nights – 03 days Camping Trek arrangements on full board basis.
- 03 days rafting at Kaligandaki River on AP plan using tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Meals, Western and continental food during trek and rafting trip.
- Necessary river permit.
- Necessary equipment such as two men tents, high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmet, Plastic paddles, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety medical equipment.
- Sleeping bag.
- Safety Kayak throughout the trip.
- Necessary staffs such as River guide, helpers, kitchen crew member and night guard.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Tumlingtar & Biratnagar / Kathmandu with airport tax and surcharge.
- Surface transfer Chattra / Biratnagar.
- First aid kid box.
- Necessary airport transfers.
- Nepal visa fees & immigration assistance.
- International airfares.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc
- Member insurance.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on transportation services or any hikes.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Tipping amount.
- Swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
To book, please email us at [email protected] or fill out the booking form provided.