Rafting at Upper Kali Gandaki River
The Upper Kali Gandaki river rafting is one of Nepal’s very best rivers for whitewater Adventure. The source of the river is formed at an altitude of 3900m (12795ft) in the Mustang region of Nepal, which borders Tibet. Using the Deepest gorge in the world that has formed between the Mt. Annapurna (8346m) Massif and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8046m) and named after the ferocious goddess kali. The river with total catchment area of 46300 sq. km is notable for the deep gorge through which it flows and for a large hydroelectric power in Nepal.
The Kali Gandaki passes through narrow gorges, alongside tumbling waterfalls and jungle. Local people from Magar and Chhetri villages often get close to the riverside to meet the rafters. They greet you on their way with a greeting of “Namaste!”. There are superb opportunities to see the Annapurna Mountain range and a variety of wildlife and temples on River banks.
The tumbling waterfalls and grate challenging rapids attract the many whitewater seekers. Once upon a time in your life, get a rafting experience. This holy river is ideal for medium-length wilderness expeditions and is a reward for bird watching and wildlife.
Book Your Upper Kali Gandaki Rafting with us. Shangri-La Voyages Team
Day 1Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 2Sightseeing Kathmandu city, Swyambhunath and Patan city.
Day 3Drive to Pokhara [210kms/6-7 hrs.].
Day 4Drive to Beni [4 hrs.], start raft.
Day 5Raft to Purtighat.
Day 6Raft to Marmi dam / drive back to Pokhara [2 hrs.].
Day 7Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 8Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance by Shangri-La Voyages’ representative.
- 03 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis.
- 02 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel in Pokhara on BB basis.
- 03 days rafting at Kaligandaki River on AP plan using tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Surface transfers raft put in point/out from Pokhara.
- Meals, Western and continental food during your rafting trip.
- Necessary river permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmet, Plastic paddles, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety medical equipment.
- Sleeping bag.
- Safety Kayak throughout the trip.
- Necessary staffs such as River guide, helpers, kitchen crew member and night guard.
- Surface transfers Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu.
- First aid kid box.
- Necessary airport transfers.
- Nepal visa fees & immigration assistance.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc
- Member insurance.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on transportation services or any hikes.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Tipping amount.
- Swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
To book, please email us at [email protected] or fill out the booking form provided.