Nepal is a popular destination for mountaineers and trekkers. The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the most sought-after routes, spanning 51 kilometers from Kande to ABC. This trekking route begins at Kande, leads to Annapurna Base Camp, and ends at Kyumi. Mt. Annapurna (8091m) is the 10th highest mountain in the world and the journey to its base camp is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. Our trek in the Annapurna region starts in Pokhara, which is also called the “Lake City.” Along the way, we will see waterfalls, villages, farms, forests of rhododendrons, and breathtaking mountain views before arriving at the base of the powerful Annapurna.
It’s a common misconception that Annapurna was named after a person. In fact, it’s named after Annapurna, the Hindu Goddess of nourishment. The word “Anna” refers to food or grains, while “purna” means full or complete. So, the name of the trail essentially translates to “full of food”, which is a fitting name for a place that offers such stunning natural beauty.
This trek will be even more interesting in spring as the whole forest along the trail turns red, pink, and white with rhododendron flowers. This wonder trip can be done any time of the year except during the monsoons [July through August]. This trek is only planned for Annapurna Base Camp. However, trekkers can add the Mardi Trek and Poon Hill Trek depending on the duration of their vacation.
Book your Annapurna Base Camp Trek with us! Shagri–La Voyages.
Day - 1Arrive Kathamandu.
Day - 2Full day sightseeing tour (Ktm - Swayambhu - Patan)
Day - 3Drive to Pokhara (6 - 7 hrs.).
Day - 4Sightseeing Tour in Pokhara.
Day - 5Transfer to Kande and Trek to Tolka / Landruk (1750m), 5-6 hrs.
Day - 6Trek to Sinuwa (2100m), 5-6 hrs.
Day - 7Trek to Deurali (3230m), 5-6 hrs.
Day - 8Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130), 5-6 hrs.
Day - 9Trek back to Bamboo (2310m), 6-7 hrs.
Day - 10Trek to a Kyumi (1750m), 6-7 hrs. / Transfer to Pokhara 1:30 hrs.
Day -11Drive back to Kathmandu ( 6-7 hrs.).
Day - 12Final Departure
Includes & Excludes
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- 03 Night twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Pokhara.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee and hot water during the trek including guide and necessary support staffs with their insurance and salaries.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Necessary trek transfers as per the itinerary.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System fee.
- Surface transfers Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu with necessary vehicle retention.
- Applicable hotel taxes presently 24.3%
- Any meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.