Buddhist Trail in Nepal
A Place of Enlightenment and the birthplace of Buddha, Lumbini is in Nepal, welcome to the holy Land. This spiritual tour takes you through Nepal’s Buddhist historical sites, including Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, Namo Buddha, and Lumbini (The birthplace of the Buddha). The mecca of Buddhists is regarded as the Lumbini, Nepal. Exploring the Buddhist sites of Nepal offers you to learn more about Buddhism in Nepal. The main attraction of the Buddhist Circuit is visiting the historically important Lumbini. Lumbini is the home of the founder of Buddhism, Gautama Buddha. Many devotees and tourists from all over the world visit Lumbini in search of peace. So this tour is not just about visiting beautiful places; but also about the cultural exploration of Buddhism. In Lumbini, you will find the Maya Devi Temple inside which you can see the ‘marker stone’, believed to be the exact spot where Buddha first stepped foot, the sacred Bodhi tree, ponds, and the ruins of ancient monasteries, and the Ashoka Pillar erected in the 3rd century by Emperor Ashok as a sign of respect when visiting the Buddha’s birthplace. Around the premises, you can see devotees from various countries.
Travelers can experience a unique religious experience and personal relaxation on this Place of Enlightenment tour. Visitors say the tour taught them the importance of inner peace, compassion, meditation, and lifestyle.
So if you are looking for a leisurely tour of some of the beautiful and historical places in Nepal with significance for Buddhism; the Buddhist Circuit would be the best for you. Thus, without spending many days, you can visit many Buddhist sites in Nepal.
Day 1Arrival Kathmandu.
Day 2Visit Boudhanath stupa and Kopan Monastery.
Day 3Visit Namo Buddha and Pharping
Day 4Fly to Bhairawaha [45min]/Drive to Lumbini.
Day 5Sightseeing tour of Lumbini Garden and Monasteries.
Day 6Fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 7Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- Assistance upon arrival by our office representative.
- All airport transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Accommodation with breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu and Lumbini and Halesi.
- Sightseeing tours as per the itinerary.
- Local English speaking guide during the sightseeing tour.
- Monumental entrance fees
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Bhairawaha / Kathmandu with airport transfers.
- Surface transfers Bhairawaha/Lumbini / Bhairawaha with necessary vehicle retention.
- Applicable hotel and government taxes presently 24.3%.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare and taxes.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Tipping amount