Trekking in Tibet offers you an altogether different experience. As you hike along the rugged Tibetan terrain, you will be greeted with sights so different and new: from the arid Tibetan topography that resembles a lunar landscape, however, with the ancient villages, colorful prayer and magnificent monasteries. As you traverse along the 80km trekking trail that skirts barley fields and nomadic pastureland, you get an opportunity to observe Tibetan lifestyle at close quarters and experience the real Tibet. Before your Ganden Monastery to Samye Monastery trek commences, you will be taken on a sightseeing tour to Lhasa.
During the trek you will be supported by an expert and dedicated trekking crew. With them you cross two high passes in the Tsotup Chu Valley, Shug La (5250m) and Chitu La (5100m). You will also get to explore various monasteries that lie along the trekking trail. The chief highlight of this trek is the trekking trail which connects the two important monasteries of Tibetan Buddhism, Ganden and Samye. Ganden Monastery, which lies 45 km east of Lhasa, is the first monastery of the Gelugpa sect. Built by Tsongkhapa, the founder of the Gelugpa order, the monastery is renowned as one of the biggest and most important Gelugpa monasteries in Tibet. The Samye monastery with its gleaming facade is reached by crossing the Tsangpo river. Founded in 779 AD by Trisong Detsen, the monastery has a collection of pagodas and temples.
Excursions to the Tandruk Monastery (which holds wonderful specimen of Tibetan art) and the Yambulakang castle (the home of the Yarlung Kings) are also included in your itinerary.
Day 01Arrive in Lhasa (3660m)
Day 02Sightseeing tour in Lhasa.
Day 03Sightseeing tour in Lhasa.
Day 04Drive from Lhasa to Ganden (4180m/45kms).
Day 05At Ganden for acclimatization.
Day 06Trek to Yama Do (4250m).
Day 07Trek to Tsotup Chu Valley across (5250m) Shug La.
Day 08Trek to Herder's Camp.
Day 09Trek to Wango – (Yamalung Hermitage).
Day 10Trek to Samye & drive to Tsedang (before leaving Samye visit to Samye Monastery).
Day 11Explore the Yarlung Valley – (Tandruk Monastery).
Day 12Drive to Gongkar airport for final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- 4 Nights’ accommodation at 3 star hotel in Lhasa and best available en route with breakfast on twin sharing.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa, with entry fees.
- Tibet Travelling permit.
- Special permit for Everest Advance Base camp.
- Transportation by Van or coaster with support truck during trek.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by Chinese crew & Tibetan guide.
- Required yaks & yak drivers during trek.
- Surface transfers Kerung/Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers.
- PAC bag (Portable Altitude Chamber) & first aid medical kit.
- International airfare.
- Any meals during hotel stay in Tibet.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Nepal visa fee.
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
For the quotation, please e-mail us @ firstname.lastname@example.org for the best price.