Nepal – Bhutan Tour
This Drukyul Tour combines two neighboring countries: Nepal and Bhutan. Both are Mountainous and landlocked countries. Your tour begins with one day of sightseeing in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. Kathmandu promises an unforgettable experience filled with rich cultural heritage and breathtaking sights. Your day will begin by visiting Kathmandu Durbar Square, filled with numerous old temples, Royal Palace, and Kumari temple. Then visit Swayambhunath Stupa, Monkey Temple, which sits atop a hill, offering panoramic views of the city below. Next, immerse yourself in the spiritual atmosphere of the Boudhanath Stupa. It is one of the largest stupas in South Asia, where locals and visitors alike engage in meditation and prayers.
Drukyul, meaning “Victorious Druk” in Bhutanese, holds immense significance as an ancient fortress nestled in the breathtaking landscapes of Bhutan. Historically, the Drukgyal Dzong, built in 1649. It stood as a formidable defense against Tibetan invasions and symbolized the country’s spirit of resilience and unity. Drukgyal Dzong is located in the Paro Valley. Its architectural marvel exudes a sense of timeless grandeur with its whitewashed walls, traditional Bhutanese motifs, and intricate woodwork. Today, Drukgyal stands as a poignant reminder of Bhutan’s rich cultural heritage. It is a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from around the world to immerse themselves in the mystical charm and historical significance of this iconic fortress.
Paro beckons you with promises of breathtaking natural sights, cultural richness and good accommodation; you can view Mount Chomolhari from Drugyel dzong, capture Paro’s incredible landscapes from Ta-Dzong and visit indigenous hospital art & craft school, National library, Royal goldsmith workshop and handicraft centers. At the end of the journey at Paro, you will be visit center of religious belief of Bhutanese people, Taktsang monastery.
Thimpu remains synonymous to its colorful festivals, legendary monasteries and coveted cultural sites. You can stroll around the local markets and see for yourself the everyday lives of Bhutanese people and their craftsmanship.
Book your Drukyul Tour Bhutan with us! Shangri-La Voyages Group
Day 1Arrival Kathmandu.
Day 2Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 3Flight to Paro and transfer to Thimphu.
Day 4Sightseeing in Thimphu.
Day 5Drive to Paro and sightseeing of Paro.
Day 6Excursion to Taktsang Monastery.
Day 7Transfer to airport fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 8Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
* Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
* All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
* 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
* 04 Nights twin/double room accommodation on full board basis at 3 star hotel in Bhutan as per the itinerary.
* Tourism Development fee and Tourism Service Charge in Bhutan.
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Applicable hotel and government taxes presently 24.3% for Nepal.
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal and Bhutan visa fees.
* Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Paro / Kathmandu.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation.
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tipping amount.