Nepal to Bhutan Tour
The complete Bhutan Tour starts in Nepal. Over two overnight stays in Katmandu, you will explore Kathmandu, the vibrant capital city of Nepal. Kathmandu is a fascinating destination filled with rich cultural heritage and breathtaking sites. Major attractions include the ancient Durbar Square, adorned with stunning palaces and temples that showcase Nepal’s architectural prowess. The sacred Swayambhunath Stupa, also known as the “Monkey Temple,” sits atop a hill. It offers panoramic views of the city and a serene atmosphere for spiritual contemplation. The Boudhanath Stupa, an immense mandala-shaped monument, is another sacred site, attracting Buddhist pilgrims and visitors alike.
Land of Thunder Dragon
Bhutan, the “Land of the Thunder Dragon,” is a small, landlocked country nestled in the eastern Himalayas of South Asia. Despite this, Bhutan has unique philosophy of Gross National Happiness. The country prioritizes the well-being and happiness of its citizens over material wealth. The periphery of Bhutan offers an enchanting experience with its lush green valleys, snow-capped mountains, and diverse flora and fauna. People are warm and welcoming to visitors!
Your journey starts in Paro, the only place in Bhutan low enough to have an airstrip. You get to explore the ancient Drugyel Dzong in Paro and capture the awesome view of the entire valley from Ta-Dzong. Taking a scenic drive to the capital city of Thimphu allows you to explore the rich cultural heritage of Bhutan. Gangtey, another stop, has the famous monastery, Gangtey Gompa. The only Nyingmapa Monastery on the western side of the Black Mountains, Gangtey Gompa is situated atop a small hill that rises from the valley floor. The monastery is in a large village inhabited mainly by the families of the 140 Gomchens (monks). Experience Bhutanese village life at Wangduephodrang, observe the traditional art of healing diseases at the Indigenous Hospital, and learn more about the rich Bhutanese art and culture by visiting the Art & Craft School, National Library, Royal Goldsmith Workshop, and Handicraft Centers.
Book your Complete Bhutan Tour with us! Shangri-La Voyages Group
Day 1Arrival Kathmandu
Day 2Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3Flight to Paro drive to Thimphu.
Day 4Sightseeing tour.
Day 5Drive to Punakha.
Day 6Drive to Trongsa.
Day 7Drive to Bumthang.
Day 8Sightseeing in Bumthang.
Day 9Sightseeing in Bumthang / Ura village and Swiss farm.
Day 10Drive to Gangtey.
Day 11Drive to Paro via Wangduephodrang
Day 12Paro sightseeing.
Day 13Hike to Taktsang monastery.
Day 14Transfer to airport fly to Kathmandu.
Day 15Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
* Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
* All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
* 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
* 11 Nights twin/double room accommodation on full board basis at 3 star hotel in Bhutan as per the itinerary.
* Tourism Development fee and Tourism Service Charge in Bhutan.
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Applicable hotel and government taxes presently 24.3% for Nepal.
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal and Bhutan visa fees.
* Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Paro / Kathmandu.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation.
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tipping amount.
For booking please e-mail us [email protected] or complete the booking form.