After an insightful sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, you will take a flight to Tibet – the Forbidden Land. Tibet, with an average altitude in excess of 3500 meters, is the highest plateau in the world. Lying to the north of the great Himalayan range, Tibet is more or less an untamed land of nomads (drokpas), monasteries and high altitude desert that seem to stretch endlessly. Driving overland past the Tibetan plateau (‘Roof of the world’), you encounter a picturesque mosaic of Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen, ancient monasteries, high Mountain passes, wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain views.
After reaching Rongbuk, you prepare yourself for the world’s highest trek, Advanced Base Camp Trek that takes you as close to the summit of Mount Everest as any non-climber can go without using any technical climbing gears and without mountaineering skill. This is an incredible adventure trek along surreally sculpted Rongbuk Glacier to the Advance Base Camp for the north Col route up Mount Everest (8848m). As there won’t be any expeditions during Autumn, the Base Camp and Advance Base Camp of Mount Everest (North side) will be virtually empty, devoid of the usual climbing crowd. It may be just you and your guides trekking alone on the mountain. So savor this special moment of having the entire mountain to yourself!
Day 01Fly to Lhasa (3660m).
Day 02Sightseeing tour in Lhasa.
Day 03Sightseeing tour in Lhasa.
Day 04Drive to Gyantse (3950m/261kms.).
Day 05Drive to Shigatse (3900m/90kms.).
Day 06Drive to Shegar (4050m/244kms.).
Day 07Drive to Rongbuk (5000m/68kms.) - Explore Everest Base Camp (5200m).
Day 08At Base Camp.
Day 09At Base Camp.
Day 10Trek from Everest Base Camp to Camp 1 (5460m).
Day 11Trek to Camp II (Interim Camp/5760m).
Day 12Rest day at Camp II (Interim Camp/5760m).
Day 13Trek to Camp III (6340m).
Day 14Excursion to Advance BC (6400m), back to Camp III.
Day 15Return to Base Camp.
Day 16Drive to Kerung (2450m/380kms.].
Day 17Cross Nepal-China border, drive back to Kathmandu (1350m/175kms].
Day 18Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 19Final departure.
Includes & Excludes
- 3 Nights’ accommodation at 3 star hotel in Lhasa and best available en route with breakfast on twin sharing.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa, with entry fees.
- Tibet Travelling permit.
- Special permit for Everest Advance Base camp.
- Transportation by Van or coaster with support truck.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by Chinese crew & Tibetan guide.
- Required yaks & yak drivers during trek.
- Transfer Kerung/Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers in Lhasa.
- PAC bag (Portable Altitude Chamber) & first aid medical kit.
- International airfare.
- Any meals during hotel stay in Tibet.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Nepal visa fee.
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
For the quotation, please e-mail us @ [email protected] for the best cost.