The tourist visas are normally processed within 48 hours upon the submission of the visa application form to the Embassy. With a view to facilitating the visitors, the visa application form and the important information for visa are available in the Embassy’s website.
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
- Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at major arrival points in Nepal including Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Requirements at arrival: 2 PP size photos, complete prescribed visa form available at entry point and visa fees ($25, $40 and $100 for 15, 30 and 90 days multiple-enty visit visas respectively).
|Type of Visa||Visa Valid for||Fee|
|Multiple Entry||15 days||£20/-|
|Multiple Entry||30 days||£35/-|
|Multiple Entry||90 days||£75/-|
Visa fees effective from 12 February 2009
Children under the age of 10 shall be issued visit visa free of cost.
A visa year covers a period from 1 January to 31 December each year.
Entry validity: Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates are counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
Visa Extension: A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days. An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the apartment. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
- Valid Passport. (with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
- One Application Form.
- One PP size Photograph.
- Visa fees should be paid in cash, by Postal Order or Bank Draft made payable to the Embassy.
- If you are applying by post, please send prepaid Self Addressed Envelope (SAE) with recorded mail.
- Visa applications made in person need 48 hours processing time.
- Application by post may take upto two weeks to be processed.