The tourist visas are normally processed within 48 hours upon the submission of the visa application form to the Embassy. With a view to facilitating the visitors, the visa application form and the important information for visa are available in the Embassy’s website.
1. Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refunded.
2. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
3. Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at major arrival points in Nepal including Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Requirements at arrival: 2 PP size photos, complete prescribed visa form available at entry point and visa fees ($25, $40 and $100 for 15, 30 and 90 days multiple-enty visit visas respectively).
Following types of tourist visas may be obtained from this Embassy:
|Type of Visa||Visa Valid for||Fee|
|Multiple Entry||15 days||£20/-|
|Multiple Entry||30 days||£35/-|
|Multiple Entry||90 days||£75/-|
Visa fees effective from 12 February 2009
Children under the age of 10 shall be issued visit visa free of cost.
A visa year covers a period from 1 January to 31 December each year.
Entry validity: Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates are counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
Visa Extension: A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days. An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the apartment. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
- Valid Passport. (with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
- One Application Form.
- One PP size Photograph.
- Visa fees should be paid in cash, by Postal Order or Bnk Draft made payable to the Embassy.
- If you are applying by post, please send prepaid Self Addressed Envelope (SAE) with recorded mail.
- Visa applications made in person need 48 hours processing time.
- Application by post may take upto two weeks to be processed.