Mustang lies behind Annapurna and Dhaulagiri and geographically forms part of the Tibetan plateau. It was only in 1992 that the Government of Nepal allowed tourists access to the area.
The people of Mustang, Lobas, boast a long and proud history, their independent state dating back to the 5th Century A.D. In the 7th Century, Songtsen Gampo, most famous of all Tibetan kings, incorporated the land of Lo into his empire. Mustang only reappeared as an independent kingdom in 1430 when Gyalpo, ‘Precious Ruler’, Ame Pal founded a dynasty whose descendants survive to this day.
Our trek begins with a flight to Jomsom via Pokhara. We start walking beside the Kali Gandaki River and as we gradually gain height we pass salt mines, and hermit caves set in the cliffs above. Our route visits many villages on the way, including the rarely-seen settlements north of the square-walled city of Lo Manthang. We leave Mustang by a different route to add further interest.
Day 01Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 02Sightseeing tour.
Day 03Fly to Pokhara.
Day 04Fly to Jomsom (2743m) and Trek to Kagbeni (2896m/3-4 hrs).
Day 05Trek to Chussang (2920m-5 hrs).
Day 06Trek to Samar (3500m/5-6 hrs).
Day 07Trek to Ghiling (3500m/4-5 hrs).
Day 08Trek to Tsarang (3500m) via Ghami (3551m/8 hrs).
Day 09Trek to Lo Manthang (3770m/4-5 hrs).
Day 10At leisure.
Day 11-12-13Visit villages north of Lo Manthang.
Day 14Trek to Ghara Gompa (Lo Gekar) (3879m/5 hrs).
Day 15Trek to Damagaon via the highland route (3549m/4-5 hrs).
Day 16Trek to Samar via holy cave (Rangbyung) (3500m/5-6 hrs).
Day 17Trek to Kagbeni (2896m).
Day 18Trek to Jomsom (2743m/2-3 hrs).
Day 19Fly to Kathmandu via Pokhara.
Day 20At leisure in Kathmandu.
Day 21Final departure
Includes & Excludes
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 04 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- 01 Night twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Pokhara.
- Fully organize camping trek including all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee and hot water including guide and necessary support staffs with their insurance and salaries.
- Necessary trek transfers as per the itinerary.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara / Kathmandu with domestic airport tax and necessary airport transfers.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System fee.
- Special permit for Mustang.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Applicable hotel taxes presently 24.3%
- Any meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.
For booking please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the booking form at the bottom.